Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
How to make GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookies! These have golden brown, slightly crisped edges and soft & chewy interiors and are loaded with chocolate chips!Be sure to check out the how-to VIDEO just below the recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled to room temperature (226g))
- 1 cup brown sugar¹ (firmly packed (200g))
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150g)
- 1 large egg (room temperature preferred)
- 1 large egg yolk (room temperature preferred)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (350g)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips — I recommend using ½ cup each of mini (regular, and jumbo semisweet chocolate chips (255g))
- Combine melted/cooled butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl and stir well.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before dough is finished chilling, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper².
- Once dough has chilled and oven has preheated, remove cookie dough from fridge and scoop ½ cup (yes, cup!) of dough and roll into a round ball.
- Place cookie dough on prepared baking sheets, spacing several inches apart.
- Transfer to 350F (175C) oven and bake 14-16 minutes or until edges are beginning to turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet before removing and enjoying.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post