Gingerbread Cookie Bars Recipes
Soft and chewy Gingerbread Cookie Bars are decorated with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles! These are a fun festive treat for the holidays.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted (170g))
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed(200g))
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses (it should say unsulphered on the label, I used “Grandma’s” brand (60ml))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (265g)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter softened (170g)
- 6 oz cream cheese (softened (340g))
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar (280g)
- 2 tsp cornstarch**
- Sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 9×13 paper with parchment paper (use enough so the parchment is hanging over the sides so that you will be able to lift it out of the pan once it’s baked and cooled) or lightly grease and flour.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, and molasses in a large bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and stir well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Transfer to 350°F (175°C) and bake for 22 minutes. Allow to cool completely before decorating with frosting.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post