Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
A creamy, spicy buffalo chicken mac and cheese topped off with a buttery toasted panko.
- 8 oz dry macaroni noodles I used Cellentani noodles ((230g))
- 3 Tablespoons butter ((42g))
- 3 Tablespoons flour ((24g))
- 2 cups milk ((475ml))
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 oz cream cheese ((115g))
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (, I use low-moisture part skim (170g))
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese ((115g))
- ⅓ cup sour cream ((80g))
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce ((120ml))
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken ((200g))
- 1 Tablespoon butter ((14g))
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup seasoned panko crumbs ((30g))
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and lightly grease a 1.5qt round baking dish or 9×9 square baking dish with butter.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Once it has melted, add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add milk and spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground mustard), stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture begins to boil, reduce heat, bring to a simmer, and stir frequently until it is slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Stir until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add hot sauce and stir.
- Add shredded chicken and cooked, drained pasta noodles and stir until well coated by the sauce.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and prepare your Panko topping.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post